Archer Electrical are to complete yet another Gym fit out for the largest operator of gyms in the UK Pure Gym, this time in Aldershot we will complete the entire electrical installation enabling the Gym to open in the New Year.
Founded in 2008, Pure Gym is the UK’s leading gym chain and a pioneer of the low cost, high quality fitness experience. It operates over 290 gyms with more than 1.1 million members.
Pure Gym has proved to be one of AAE’s largest clients in recent years;
- 2015 Humphrey Cobbold took over from Peter Roberts as the CEO.
- 2015 May Pure Gym bought their UK rival LA Fitness for around £60 million to £80 million
- 2017 November bought by Los Angeles-based Leonard Green & Partners for £600 million
- 2018 June acquisition of 10 fitness clubs integrating Soho Gyms to the Pure Gym Empire.
- 2018 and the growth is continuing Pure Gym opened 30 new clubs
- 2018 December the group reported revenues of £228.4m
- 2019 Pure Gym tested its new ‘small box’ format successfully and now plans to roll it out nationwide.
- 2019 December PureGym agreed to buy Danish Fitness World, which also operated in Switzerland and Poland, for £350 million
Humphrey Cobbold, Pure Gym CEO, said there will be continued expansion….
“We’re seeing a great demand for new sites as people become increasingly aware of the importance of leading healthy lifestyles. As well as continued innovation, expansion remains a key focus for the year ahead, and with our new formats, we can welcome more people than ever to our gyms”
AAE are specialist Gym electrical contractors and have unrivalled experience in the electrical installations for the refurbishment and fit out of gymnasiums & fitness facilities and have delivered installations to dozens of Gyms throughout the UK to date